Teams will play under the New York Club Soccer League’s NPL and RPL division’s. The National Premier League is a series of
regional leagues created by US Club Soccer. These leagues are geared toward providing players with the highest level of competition. The level of competition is just beneath that offered through the US Development Academy Program.
The NPL was created to provide a national competitive development platform to accomplish the following:
· Focused on long –term player development For the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios
· That allows players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors
· That is designed and structured by the clubs, based upon the needs of the clubs; using international rules of competition
· That provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Champions Cup
FC Clarkstown NPL-Academy Program Includes:
· National Premier League play
· 15 games during the Late Fall/Spring season for U15, U16, and U17/18 boys
· 10 games during the spring for U15, U16, and U17/18 girls
· Will attend top College Showcase tournaments annually;
· late Fall, winter and spring traning 2-3 times a week.
· Speed, Strength, Skills training once per week during the winter
· Goalkeeper training
· Fitness and injury preventive testing conducted annually